MES is currently seeking an Underground Drill & Blast Engineer to work for our client, a West Australian gold producer.
This role is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to thrive in a team environment.
Job Requirements -
- Relevant qualification in Mining Engineering;
- Drill and blast design practical knowledge;
- Drill and blast operational time, highly desirable;
- Experience in underground mine design software;
- Excellent teamwork, communication skills, and an overall drive to grow and learn.
- Drill and blast planning, deliver drill and blast designs, ring design;
- Monitor drill and blast practices underground, liaising with production drillers and production charging personnel to identify production issues and compliance to standards;
- Work closely with the operational supervisors and production schedules to ensure daily, weekly and monthly targets are achieved;
- Comply with the mining regulations;
- Ensure best practices of all designs.