KD13563 - Underground Safety Trainer
MES is seeking an experienced Underground Safety Trainer to work at our client's nickel mine in Western Australia.
This is a unique opportunity to lead an underground mining crew through an exciting period of growth.
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment
- Cert IV in OHS
- Valid Australian Drivers Licence - manual
- The ability to coach, mentor and lead the underground team to ensure a safe work culture on site
- Excellent communications skills (written/verbal)
- Sound understanding of the mining and Australian Acts and Regulations (Mines Safety & Inspection Act 1994; Mines Safety & Inspection Regulations 1995)
- Good computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems
- National Police Clearance (6 months)
- Be physically fit and must be able to pass a pre-employment medical, full functional assessment and a drug & alcohol screen
- Develop company training and development
- Establish training systems for all employees, contractors and visitors
- Effective management of documentation and reporting as per client and company requirements
- Perform safety audits and inspect plant, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance