MES is currently seeking an experienced & highly motivated Underground Trainer / Supervisor to work for our client on their WA base metals project (owner-operator).
The successful candidate with assist with both the training functions of the underground mine as well as relief Shift Supervisor / Foreman duties
This is a great opportunity to work for an emerging Australian base and precious metals producer.
You will have a permanent room at the camp with good food and mess facilities!
- Valid Australian Drivers Licence (Manual);
- WA Underground Shift Supervisors Certificate (if not, the willingness and appropriate experience to be able to gain one in the near term);
- National Police Clearance;
- Provide First Aid;
- Dangerous Goods Security Card;
- Working at Heights;
- A strong background in operating underground mining operations;
- The ability to operate most of the underground mining equipment to provide hands-on training;
- Good understanding of OHS requirements within a mining environment.
- TRAINING DUTIES:
- Hands on, underground training and mentoring to upskill owner operator underground workforce;
- Assist the HSEC team with operator assessments, development of training packages and other training tasks.
- RELIEF SUPERVISOR/FOREMAN DUTIES:
- Ensure mining operations are conducted in a safe manner, and any safety issues are promptly reported and acted upon;
- Organise and allocate of the shift’s work with Operators;
- Facilitate the pre-shift meetings;
- Conduct all statutory checks as required by the Mines Safety and Inspection Regulations and Mines Safety and Inspection Act;
- Address the concerns of operators whilst ensuring that all operators act responsibly and safely;
- Deliver on the weekly and monthly operational targets and complete all required documentation and associated reporting.