On behalf of our client, MES is seeking a process-driven & experienced Principal Mine Engineer.
This will be working for a copper focused base and precious metals mining company with a pipeline of organic growth opportunities!
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor Degree in Mining Engineering or comparable academic qualification;
- Competent Person for underground metalliferous mining Ore Reserves (MAusIMM membership);
- High level of understanding of mine ventilation systems, both primary and secondary, and statutory requirements pertaining to mine ventilation;
- Solid background in underground mine planning;
- Proficient use of mine scheduling and design software (Deswik - desirable, Ventsim, etc.);
- Working knowledge and understanding of the WA Mines Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations;
- Strong commitment to health, safety and environmental standards.
- Prepare and communicate the Life of Mine (LOM), annual mine budget plan, Ore Reserves;
- Liaise with the Mine Production, Mine Planning and Scheduling Engineers to provide a suitable bridge from LOM and Budget plans to 3-month and weekly plans;
- Collaborate with colleagues in other departments to ensure inputs and outputs are suitable to maximise whole mine value;
- Assist Mining Manager and Technical Services Manager as required to deliver mine design plans in addition to short, medium and long term schedules to meet budgeted targets.