MES is seeking a Senior Planning Engineer to join our client's growing team.
This will be working for a copper focused base and precious metals mining company with a pipeline of organic growth opportunities!
The WA underground mine has approx. 12 years of mine life with active resource extension and exploration drilling programmes currently underway.
On offer is a challenging and rewarding role in a supportive team environment.
Accommodation and meals are provided in a comfortable camp with a swimming pool, a fully equipped gym, Foxtel, beach volleyball, outdoor cricket pitch and tennis courts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mining engineering or comparable academic qualifications;
- Proficient in MS Office software, mine design and scheduling software such as Deswik, (favourable but not essential), Datamine, Vulcan or Surpac;
- Demonstrated expertise with mine scheduling and in particular 12-week scheduling processes;
- Developed and mature mine design skills;
- Excellent communication skills with a flexible and adaptable outlook;
- Able to work constructively and collaboratively with other technical disciplines;
- Exposure to contractor mining;
- Sound understanding of modern underground mining practices;
- Ability to pass National Police Clearance;
- Dangerous Goods Security Clearance (current);
- Current “C” Class Drivers Licence (manual).
- Confidently undertake scheduling tasks primarily in the 12 week to 12 month (budget) space, with ability to support implementation planning (1-4 weeks) when required;
- Produce cost effective and practical designs for underground lateral, decline and vertical development;
- Produce production stope designs and documentation, including detailed stope economic analysis;
- Review and optimising medium and long term planning designs;
- Mine Project work as required;
- Assist in compiling and reviewing Planning and Scheduling Procedures;
- Contribute towards annual reserves and budget;
- Daily, Weekly and Monthly reporting of physicals where required;
- Continual review of current status of production areas and identifying upcoming operational and planning task;
- Conduct Underground inspections to review the practical implementation of design work;
- Liaise closely with other technical staff across site as well as Operations and Contractor personnel.