Health Safety And Training
KF12458 HSEC Superintendent
Our Client, a specialist resources private equity manager with a proven track record in successful resources project development, operation, and investments is seeking a HSEC Superintendent for their underground operation in Western Australia.
Reporting to the General Manager, the HSEC Superintendent is responsible for planning, implementing and directing all HSEC accountabilities at the Mine Site, providing HSEC support to Line Managers to achieve Health Safety, Training, Environmental, Community, Volume and Cost objectives. The role contributes to the continuous improvement of HSEC practices through review of company policies and procedures to ensure legislative compliance.
- Ability to create and develop strong relationships at all levels
- Demonstrated effectiveness in coaching and mentoring line managers and safety professionals
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to influence at all levels of the business
- Exceptional knowledge of HSEC laws, regulations, practices and principles
- Working knowledge of Australian mining legislation
- Exceptional knowledge of behavioural, proactive and progressive safety-based systems
- Develop and supervise HSEC activities on site, including supporting the emergency response team, training activities and line management execution of safety activities
- Provide visible leadership on site and participates in safety inspections, safety interactions and audits with line managers on a regular basis
- Develop HSEC functional support and service to the General Manager Operations
- Manage HSEC and Training activities, including HSEC data collection, validation and recording and implementation of HSEC management plans, and management of community concerns and grievances in conjunction with the General Manager