KF12748 Underground Manager
Our Client, a leading International Gold Miner, is currently seeking an Underground Manager for their key underground operation in New Zealand.
The role is responsible for leading and developing all aspects of the Underground mining operation.
This encompasses strategic planning, infrastructure development, achieving production targets, driving the safety culture and minimising environmental and social impacts of the operation. The Underground Mine is an 800m deep, 1Mtpa gold operation with approximately 200 personnel that has been in operation since 2008 and remains one of the lowest cost hard rock mines in the world.
- A First-Class Mine Managers Certificate of Competency (CoC) (NZ preferable however Australian equivalents are mutually recognised), and either hold or be willing to work towards a New Zealand Site Senior Executive Certificate of Competency (SSE)
- A degree in Mining Engineering or a related discipline
- Exceptional leadership skills with a desire to develop high performing teams
- Demonstrated team building and mentoring capabilities
- Leading from the front, role modelling our values and crucial behaviours, mentoring and sharing your knowledge and expertise to assist in developing high performing teams
- Providing underground mining engineering expertise, technical advice and support to major projects in various stages of development
- Actively pursuing improvement opportunities in all mining related areas
- Assisting with the development and implementation of industry-leading mining