KF12805 Senior Mining Engineer
On behalf of our client, a leading Lithium Producer, MES is currently seeking a Senior Mining Engineer for their open pit operation in Western Australia.
Reporting to the Mining Superintendent, the Senior Mining Engineer is responsible for mine planning, as well as design and modelling for optimum extraction.
You will also be responsible for cost management and ensure environmental sustainability and regulatory compliance is met. You will manage a small team of Mining Engineers and be a true advocate of their organisational values.
- Hold a degree in mining engineering
- WA unrestricted Quarry Manager’s certificate preferred
- Significant experience in a similar role in an open pit mine operation
- Proficiency in mine planning and design software, ideally Alastair Tactical Scheduler
- Demonstrated successful leadership
- Assist in daily coordination of the mining contractor
- Mine design and planning for the optimum extraction of ore
- Mine development sequencing, planning and scheduling, Optimising drill and blast
- Mentoring and direction of Mining Engineers