KF13863 Mine Planning Engineer
Our client, a Western Australian gold miner is taking ownership of their surface mining engineering department which has created the opportunity for a competent and versatile open-pit Mine Planning Engineer to join their team.
This opportunity offers the potential to share in the rewards of a growing junior gold miner.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering or equivalent qualification;
- Previous exposure & knowledge of mining software such as Deswik and Surpac & other various mine planning software tools covering optimisation, design & scheduling.
- Developing life of mine and budget schedules;
- Developing short and medium term mining plans that assist in meeting the operation’s targets, whilst ensuring they are realistic and achievable;
- Coordinating the mine design, waste dump and ROM pad and any required modifications to access ways or ramps;
- Analysing labour requirements, equipment needs, and operational costs required to calculate and prepare annual budgets.