Health Safety And Training
KF14072 Corporate Health and Safety Manager
Our Client actively seeks an experienced Health and Safety Manager to join their Corporate Perth team. Reporting directly to the General Manager – Operations, you will be responsible for continually improving health and safety management at their mine sites and developing, and implementing initiatives to improve Health and Safety performance across the business.
To succeed in this role, the ideal candidate will have a proven record of implementing, improving and maintaining a health and safety management system. You will have an in-depth knowledge of the Mines Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations, Workers Compensation and Injury Management Act and relevant Standards and Codes of Practice.
You will also possess:
- A Diploma of Occupational Health and Safety or higher tertiary qualification.
- Relevant qualifications in Management Systems.
- Qualifications in leadership, Training and Assessment
- Experience in Emergency Response and Crisis Management is highly desired.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in health, safety and environment management with experience in the mining or mining services industry preferable.
- Demonstrable experience in developing, implementing and maintaining HS systems.
- The ability to prepare, monitor and report against business plans and budgets.
- A track record of successfully delivering on organisational and personal KPI’s.
- Planning, delivering, monitoring and reviewing effective HS cultural improvement programs according to proven industry approaches and standards.
- Facilitate the continual improvement of Health and Safety management systems and performance according to legislative requirements, company standards, policy and the desired culture.
- Provide technical support and advice to project and operational managers, Health and Safety teams and associated contractors.
- Leading the HS team in the development of departmental HS business plans, objectives and targets for the broader business.