Our client is a high-margin gold producer and explorer with over a decade of consistent production and reserve growth, underpinned by continued exploration success and targeted acquisitions. The large, long-life gold mining operation consists of three open-cut and underground mining centres.
They currently require an Open Pit Mine Geologist for a permanent position at one of their mining operations.
- Tertiary Qualification in Geology;
- Strong commitment to safe work practices;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Willing and able to work nightshift if required;
- C Class Drivers license.
- Assist ore block mark outs;
- Site preparation and sampling of pit grade control programs (RC, AC and ditch witch trenching);
- Mapping and logging of in-pit wall faces and floors, in addition to grade control samples;
- Geotechnical mapping assisting when required;
- Daily data entry;
- Monitoring ore/waste movement during digging operations.