Our client is a high-margin gold producer and explorer with over a decade of consistent production and reserve growth, underpinned by continued exploration success and targeted acquisitions. The large, long-life gold mining operation consists of three open-cut and underground mining centres.
This role reports to the Geology Superintendent.
- Bachelor of Science (Geology Major) or equivalent;
- Driver’s license (C Class, manual car), is essential;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in a production environment
- Significant experience in open-pit gold operations (experience and understanding of Archean Gold Deposits will be highly regarded);
- Proven history in the supervision of a high-performing team.
- Leadership of the open pit geology team
- Deliver quality grade control models to support open pit mine planning;
- Plan and execute grade control programs, Gold control, and production which result in safe and productive mining in open-pit mines
- Supervise relevant contractors and consultants