On behalf of our client, MES is currently seeking a Senior Mine Planning Engineer for their open-pit operation in Western Australia.
Reporting to the Manager - Mining, you will be responsible for short to long term mine planning, scheduling, designing and modelling for optimum extraction as well as cost management, contractor coordination and ensuring regulatory compliance is met across the mining engineering functions.
- Hold a degree in mining engineering
- WA Unrestricted Quarry Manager’s certificate.
- Significant experience in a similar role in an open-pit mine operation
- Proficiency in mine planning and design software, Surpac, Alastri & Igantt
- Demonstrated successful leadership
- Coordination of the mining contractor
- Mine design and planning for the optimum extraction of ore
- Mine development sequencing, planning and scheduling, Optimising drill and blast
- Coordinate mining contractor’s daily activities including inspecting the open pit
- Act as alternate Quarry Manager in the Manager Mining’s absence