Our client is a leading ASX-listed pure-play lithium company, who owns 100% of the world’s largest, independent hard-rock lithium operation.
On their behalf, MES is currently seeking a Senior Mining Engineer for their open-pit operation in Western Australia.
Reporting to the Manager - Mining, you will oversee mine designs, ore reserves and mine planning modelling for optimum extraction of ore in support of the Company’s open-pit mine and production activities.
- Hold a degree in mining engineering
- WA Unrestricted Quarry Manager’s certificate.
- Significant experience in a similar role in an open-pit mine operation
- Proficiency in mine planning and design software, Surpac, Alastri & Igantt
- Demonstrated successful leadership
- Coordination of the mining contractor
- Mine design and planning for the optimum extraction of ore
- Mine development sequencing, planning and scheduling, Optimising drill and blast
- Coordinate mining contractor’s daily activities including inspecting the open pit
- Act as alternate Quarry Manager in the Manager Mining’s absence