Our Client is a significant gold producer with their operation located in Western Australia.
They are currently seeking a suitably experienced and qualified Senior Project Metallurgist for a 7-month contract to join their team and work on several critical projects primarily in grinding, classification and flotation to improve the metallurgical efficiency
Practical knowledge in these areas would be beneficial, as well as project management and testwork experience.
The successful candidate will possess;
- Relevant qualifications in Extractive Metallurgy, Process or Chemical Engineering
- 5+ years experience within the mining industry with a minimum of 3 years experience in a large mineral processing environment, preferably at least 2 of those in base metal.
- Experience with gold/copper flotation, dewatering, gravity gold and CIL/CIP gold processing circuits.
- Be a proactive individual with good problem-solving skills and knowledge of metallurgical testing procedures.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to demonstrate sound computer literacy with advanced knowledge of spreadsheets.
This role is being offered on an 8:6 FIFO roster from Perth.
- Managing improvement projects within the processing plant including safety impacts of any changes/modifications
- Identifying improvement opportunities through the value stream
- Managing external contractors providing support on improvement projects