MES is currently seeking an Open Pit Mine Surveyor to join one of our ASX listed gold producers.
The project is located in the Eastern Goldfields region and is considered Australia's next major gold mine. The project can be a significant near-term, high margin gold development project with opportunities for future growth. The project provides robust financial returns from a long life large open pit and underground mining operation. Gold production is starting in the June Quarter of 2022 with a targetted global production profile of over 250,000 ounces of gold a year.
- Tertiary Qualifications in Mine Surveying (Diploma or higher)
- Familiar with Trimble and DJI Drones
- Remote Pilot Licence
- Competent using Deswik, Surpac, Global Mapper, GeoMos monitoring and Trimble (highly regarded)
- Good communication skills
- WA C Class manual drivers licence
Candidates must be domiciles and eligible to work in Australia (without requiring sponsorship) to be considered for employment.
Due to travel restrictions into Western Australia, interstate candidates should identify their availability to relocate to Western Australia to undertake the role until these restrictions are lifted.
- Maintain survey control
- Toe crest markup
- Batter checks
- Ramp setout
- Blast boundary setout
- Grade control setout
- Ore markup
- Exploration drill setout
- Installing new prisms for highwall and berm monitoring where required
- Weekly monitoring and movement analysis of prism observations
- Post blast volume calculations