Our client, an ASX-listed gold exploration and development company, is seeking to appoint a Senior Open Pit Mining Engineer to join their small team on an exciting greenfield project.
In late 2021, our client commenced mining and is on track to achieve the first gold production in the next quarter!
There is a potential opportunity for this candidate to grow into the Mining Manager role that will be filled early in the new year.
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification in Mining Engineering;
- WA Unrestricted Quarry Manager’s certificate of competency or First Class Mine Manager's Certificate (essential);
- Current WA C class driver’s license;
- Proficient in using mine planning and scheduling software (Deswik, Surpac).
- Generate short to medium term mine planning and pit design work;
- Manage cost, budgeting, analysis, reporting and recommendations;
- Review and manage conformance to plan, reconciliation and provide periodical mine reports;
- Review Drill & Blast processes, designs and tie-ins;
- Coordinate mining contractor’s daily activities including inspecting the open pit;
- Mentor and provide direction to the Mining Engineers;
- Contribute to continuous mine development sequencing, planning, and scheduling.