Our client, a successful Australian Gold producer, is looking for a Project Geologist to join their team at one of their Western Australian gold operations.
As a critical member of the Resource Development team, you will principally be conducting the diamond core and reverse circulation drilling programs defining gold resources.
- Tertiary qualification in Geology or related discipline;
- Exposure to geological logging and interpretation;
- Familiarity with open pit and underground operations highly regarded;
- Have a sound knowledge of mineral systems, especially orogenic gold;
- Excellent communication and report writing skills;
- Conversant with GIS and 3D software packages (Leapfrog, Micromine, ArcGIS).
- Supervision and geological logging of resource definition drilling programs;
- Ensure work programs are carried out safely and efficiently;
- Data capture and loading, ensuring all data is accurate and validated prior to incorporation into the database;
- Report drill results or significant finds to management promptly;
- Production of periodical internal and external technical reports as required; and
- Provide input to mineralisation delineation, resource assessment, and geological modelling.