MES is seeking a Drill & Blast Engineer to join our client's team.
The underground mine is a world-class, massive sulphide base and precious metals operation, producing zinc, copper, lead, gold, and silver concentrates.
The mine life is ten plus years with a high probability of extension.
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification in Mining Engineering;
- Sound understanding of underground mining practices, in particular, long hole stoping;
- Dangerous Goods Security Clearance;
- Good oral and communication skills;
- Exposure to mining software such as Surpac, Vulcan, Deswik.
- Design and issue drill and charge plans ensuring they are practicable based on rig specifications. This includes production long hole, box hole, raise bore and ITH service drill hole designs;
- Undertake stope designs and reconciliations;
- Monitor drill and blast progress and performance as well as identifying future improvement opportunities.