MES is seeking an experienced Senior Mining Engineer to join our client's team.
The underground mine is a world-class, massive sulphide base and precious metals operation, producing zinc, copper, lead, gold, and silver concentrates.
The mine life is ten plus years with a high probability of extension.
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification in Mining Engineering;
- Western Australian First Class Manager's Certificate;
- Dangerous Goods Security Clearance;
- Proficient in MS Office software, and a 3D CAD software package
- Understanding of underground mining practices, in particular, long hole stoping with CHF and Paste backfill;
- Strong organisational and time management skills;
- Previous experience with mining software such as Surpac, Vulcan, Deswik.
- Support the mining operations in the roles of Drill and Blast planning, box hole planning, short-term scheduling, and contractor management, including;
- Develop schedules and short-term mine plans for underground operation;
- Daily, weekly and monthly reporting against budget;
- Review drill & blast designs, liaising with mining personnel to ensure mine plans are executed efficiently and safely;
- Mentor Junior Engineers.