Mining Employment Services is seeking an experienced Open Pit Geologist to join our client's team at their WA mine site.
This role is a fantastic opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest nickel and cobalt producers.
This project has excellent camp facilities & team culture on site.
- BSc degree in Geology/Applied Science (or similar qualification);
- WA 'C' class driver's license;
- High computer literacy, experience with Microsoft office, mining, and geological database software.
- Assist in the grade control and mine geology function to aid the process of ore and waste delineation and extraction;
- Coordinate all drilling under direction from the Senior Mine Geologist;
- Minimise dilution of ore through liaison with surveyors, contractors and production staff and developing an in-depth understanding of geology and grade effects;
- Effective drill scheduling to ensure maximum utilisation of drilling contractors;
- Control and monitor the quality and accuracy of drilling and sampling;
- Produce accurate drill-hole logs which can be used in grade control modelling;
- Supervise in the absence of the Senior Mine Geologist.