MES is seeking an experienced Senior Mine Planning & Scheduling Engineer to join our client's team.
The underground mine is a world-class, massive sulphide base and precious metals operation, producing zinc, copper, lead, gold, and silver concentrates.
The mine life is ten plus years with a high probability of extension.
- Tertiary qualified Mine Engineer.
- Current "C" Class Drivers Licence.
- Dangerous Goods Security Clearance.
- Obtain a satisfactory Gold Stealing Detection Unit Clearance.
- Obtain a clear National Police Clearance.
- WA 1st Class Mine Managers Certification (favourable but not essential).
- Strong commitment to health, safety and environment standards (HSEC).
- Well-developed strategic thinking, analytical and planning skills, and proven problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in mine design & scheduling using software, such as Deswik (preferred), Datamine, Vulcan, or Surpac.
- Sound and practicable time management skills, with a demonstrated ability to plan and prioritise multiple tasks.
- A self-starter who can lead themself and teams effectively.
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships.
- Accurate administrative recording and reporting skills.
- Review all mine designs developed within the Planning Department.
- Liaise with the Planning Department to ensure suitability/practicality of their draft designs to meet schedule/sequence requirements.
- Prepare and communicate monthly, quarterly, and 15-month schedules to all relevant personnel to foster awareness of schedules and directions for the mining operation.
- Liaise with the Geology department to ensure grade control drilling is planned to align with and satisfy the mining schedule.
- Manage workflow to Planning Department (assign priority & due dates for required stope notes and development designs)