Our Client is a leading, growth-focused Australian gold miner with five wholly-owned mines.
They are seeking a Mine Geologist for one of their key projects.
- Tertiary qualification in geology or geosciences
- Understanding of relevant sections of the Mines Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations
- Familiarity with mine planning is an advantage
- Intermediate skills with modelling software (Datamine, Leapfrog or similar) and database software (acQuire or similar)
- Ensure that the Geology team supports the Mining Department to optimise the mineral resource extraction and meet the mine plan.
- Perform accurate and detailed geological mapping and sampling.
- Perform ore spotting, regularly communicating with the mining team to optimise ore production and extraction.
- Visit ROM pads daily for accurate and timely reconciliation of stockpiles and ore movement tracking.
- Plan and supervise grade control and resource development drilling programs ensuring that QAQC is maintained.
- Oversee daily mine production data entry and tracking to ensure accurate and timely delivery of all reports to key stakeholders.
- Assist the Senior Geologist and Project Geologist in the design and coordination of geological drilling activities to provide appropriate data for low-risk mine design and scheduling.
- Assist the Senior Geologist in the preparation and maintenance of grade control and geological models as guided by Resource Geologist.
- Assist with compiling periodical reporting and presentations as requested by the Geology leadership team.
1-3 years industry experience in mine geology and grade control practices
Contract or Permanent
8/6 FIFO Perth or Kalgoorlie based