MES is seeking an experienced Underground Emergency Service Officer to join our client's team to support for their Emergency Services department.
This is a great opportunity to work for a WA focused gold miner with various open-pit and UG operations.
- Minimum Certificate IV Pre-Hospital Emergency Medical Response;
- Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response & Rescue;
- DAS – Drug and Alcohol Sample Collector;
- BG-4 Underground Search & Rescue (highly regarded);
- Valid Drivers Licence;
- National Police Clearance
- Ability to lead teams & conduct training;
- Capable of providing guidance for volunteer emergency response teams;
- COVID 19 Vaccine Cert (x2 doses & willing to get a booster shot when eligible).
- Drug and Alcohol screening (random, casual, follow up & airport monitoring);
- Ambulance transfers from operational sites to town hospital (Priority 2 and 3 transfers);
- Clinical patient assessments and welfare checks;
- Maintenance on emergency response equipment and medical centre equipment;
- Primary call out position for emergency response;
- Lead the on-scene response for site operations;
- Notify and activate ERT on emergency incident notification;
- Provide emergency response direction for ERT;
- Provide emergency medical care for affected personnel;
- Liaise with site Incident Management Team (level 2 incidents, notify only for level 1 incidents)