MES is seeking a Project exploration geologist for our client at the lead/silver project in WA!
The successful candidate will develop a geological understanding of
the ore system and apply this knowledge to new exploration ground within brownfields exploration.
- Tertiary qualifications in geology with demonstrated geological experience
- Computer skills: Micromine and Arc GIS or similar desirable
- Familiarity with various drilling techniques
- Previous exposure to underground mapping, photogrammetry, and geological interpretation
- Working knowledge of geological databases and 3D mining software
- Identify, plan, and implement business improvement opportunities relating to exploration geology
- Participate in and develop orebody knowledge projects
- Assist in maintaining mapping and core logging standards and outcomes
- Responsible for the performance of QAQC protocols, regular reporting of QAQC performance and liaison with laboratories
- Assist in compiling data used in annual mineral resource reporting and JORC-compliant resource models
- Manage the design, scheduling, execution and supervision of all drilling activities (underground and surface)
- Mentor and train Graduate geologists and supervise and provide direction to the junior members of the Geology team when required
- Assist in producing regular geological reports and material movement reconciliations