MES is currently seeking a Senior Project Exploration Geologist for our gold and copper focused resource company.
The company is focused on exploration for base, battery and precious metal deposits.
- Bachelor of Science in Geology, with honours or higher
- Good understanding of orogenic gold systems, and relevant exploration techniques
- Competent using various exploration datasets and ability to conduct geological interpretation and develop working geological models
- Understanding of QAQC procedures, drilling and sampling practices and standard gold industry laboratory analytical methods
- Proficient with GIS and 3D modelling software
- Australian Manual Driver's Licence
- Planning, implementation and efficient management of exploration programs, including drilling, in a timely and safe manner; on budget and in compliance with Heritage and statutory requirements;
- Timely and accurate collation of geological data required for internal reporting and external publishing of exploration results compliant with JORC 2012 Guidelines
- Assessment of exploration results and make recommendations for further work
- Generate and interpret targets utilizing geological, geochemical and geophysical data
- Produce high quality geological logging of core and chips
- Effective communication and leadership of field staff and contractors
- Contributing to the company and statutory reports
- • Commitment to working safely and the promotion of safe working practices with colleagues and contractors