Our client, an Australian gold producer in the eastern goldfields, is currently seeking a Senior Underground Mine Geologist to lead their team. The company is currently constructing a 4mpta plant at their underground mine, to be fed by a 16-year mine life.
Reporting to the Geology Manager, you will be responsible for underground mine geology production, grade control and exploration activities. Immediate work will include resource conversion drilling commencing in Q1 FY22 and building the team in preparation for the commencement of UG mining in Q4 FY22. Managing UG exploration will be a key component of delivering extensions to the current 4-year UG mine life.
- Geology tertiary qualification
- Vulcan, Leapfrog and supervisor knowledge
- Demonstrated commitment to strong safety culture and safe work practices.
- Management of grade control process, UG drilling, QAQC, interpretation, modeling of the underground gold mine
- Overseeing the geological side of underground production
- Technical input and management of underground exploration activities
- End of month reconciliation and reporting
- Assist with training and development of junior personnel