MES is currently seeing a Mine Technician to join an upcoming almandine garnet producer.
The company produces, markets and distributes high-quality almandine garnet as an eco-friendly alternative for industrial abrasive use in the energy, infrastructure water jet cutting and resource sectors. With a 39-year mine life, there are numerous opportunities for motivated candidates.
- Manual 'C' Class Drivers Licence
- Hold a current national police clearance
- Physically fit
- Inspecting work area and equipment for hazards, malfunctions or damage
- Collecting samples from drilling equipment and stockpiles
- Marking out ore zones as directed
- Ensuring excavators/shovels are operating in the correct manner and area
- Ensure haul trucks are reporting to the correct location
- Checking bench levels for digging equipment
- Stock-take and ordering supplies
- Maintaining equipment in a clean and tidy condition and keeping accurate records of activities
- Monitoring and assistance of in-pit dewatering