Pantoro Limited advised today an intersection of very high-grade gold mineralisation from the Sailfish Prospect at Norseman.
- Drilling returned 8.1 m@ 67.29 g/t Au from 78.6 m downhole.
- The intersection included 0.7 m@ 521 g/t and 0.25 m@ 252g/t Au.
- 3.9 m of core loss within the intersection is assumed to be O g/t in calculation of the weighted average ore interval. In general the core loss was adjacent to the very high grade core intervals within the broader intersection.
- Other significant intercepts include 1.8 m @ 4.25 g/t Au, and 3.5 m @ 2.56g/t Au.
- Confirms historical intersection of 1.5 m @461.47 gt/Au, drilled by Western Mining in 1992.
Commenting on the results, Managing Director Paul Cmrlec said: "These results from our initial eight diamond drill hole program at the Sailfish prospect on Lake Cowan highlights the immense exploration potential of the project, and in particular the likely presence of further very high-grade mineralisation that Norseman has been known for over many decades. Our exploration programs in these areas are in their very early stages and it is too early to speculate what the results may mean in the context of the broader project. Our geology team at Norseman continues to work with our key consultants to better understand the geometry and geological setting within the immediate area ahead of additional drilling. We are also working with our drilling contractors to increase the drill hole diameter in order to maximise core recovery in our future programs:'