LE13118 - Project Mine Geologist
Our client is an ASX listed international Gold mining company with a new focus on the Eastern Goldfields region of Western Australia,
MES is currently seeking Project Mine Geologist to join their Mining Department.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure daily grade control requirements are met including drilling, ore mark-ups, mapping/sampling and the efficient extraction of ore.
- Schedule, plan and implement grade control, resource extension and exploratory drilling programs using diamond drilling methods
- Co-ordinate the underground drill sites for exploratory and grade control drilling programs and supervise drilling/mining contractors where applicable.
- 3D geological modelling of current and new mining areas utilising available underground sampling, mapping and drill data
- Provide ongoing supervision, mentoring and coaching to Mine Geologists and Geological Technicians.
Key factors to your success include;
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a recognised tertiary institution in Geology.
- Significant experience in regional and generative exploration.
- Minimum of 5 years underground experience
A competitive salary package, including 10% superannuation, health allowance, salary continuance and life insurance. You will also be eligible for the quarterly bonus scheme.
- Intermediate level in relevant mining 3D software, Vulcan, Leapfrog, Deswik and Microsoft Office computing software
- WA Manual C Class Driver's License
- Current National Police Clearance (within last 3 months)
- Full working rights in Australia