MES is currently seeking an Open Pit Mien Geologist to join an innovative and leading mining company with a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities, including iron ore and lithium.
Reporting to the Principal Geologist on their lithium project, holding accountability for the undertaking and supervising daily activities across the project.
- Tertiary qualifications in Geology
- Exposure to lithium (desirable)
- Well development of communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Proficient with Surpac, Acquire and other related software
- WA C Class Drivers Licence
- Pit sampling, ore markups and ore spotting
- Database management and data entry
- Manage production and stockpile tracking
- EOM reporting and reconciliations
- Maintain and foster a working environment that prompts safety in all that we do whilst also providing outstanding service
- Provide support to Mining Team to optimise ore extraction
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders to effectively communicate geological and grade requirements.
- Identify areas that have the potential for development and improvement